So, I recently made the choice of buying an iPad. So far it has been great, but I needed somewhere to dock and use the iPad when it was not in use. Or to allow me to have a desktop experience with the iPad.
A few examples include:
- Using the iPad as a separate instant messaging portal (with the bluetooth keyboard
- Setting up the iPad for visitors to browse the internet
- Using the iPad as a digital picture frame
- Raising the iPad to a better height to use it as an extra screen for my iMac
- Give my desk extra room under the iPad to keep other accessories
- Just to look wicked cool
So, here is how I made a simple iPad stand, for a reasonable amount of money.