Have you ever seen the inside of your computer? Do you know how much dust and grime has built up inside your computer? How does dust affect your computer? Try to open the casing of your CPU and you’ll be amazed how much dust and dirt can get into your computer. Look at the image shown below. This shows how dirty your computer can be!
Cleaning a computer on a regular basis helps keep your computer and its components ingood condition. Dust can potentially reduce the air flow inside your computer and result inincrease of your computer’s temperature, and could link to hardware failure. This may eventually reduce the performance of your computer. No more doubt, clean your PC right away!
How often should you clean your PC
The answer of how often you should clean your PC varies depending on how is the condition of your room and how often you use your computer. For general usage, we recommend you to clean your PC at least once per month.
10 simple tips on how to clean your computer
- Never place your computer on the ground. Place your computer on a computer table or a shelf.
- Before cleaning a component or the computer, you have to first shut down your computer and unplug the system power from the electrical outlet.
- Users can use a vacuum to suck up dirt, dust, or hair around their computer on the outside case and on their keyboards. However, do not use a vacuum for the inside of your computer as it generates a lot of static electricity that can damage the internal components of your computer. If you need to use a vacuum to clean the inside of your computer, use a portable battery powered vacuum designed to do this job. Compressed air is also a recommended solution to blow out the dust of the components.
- Never clean inside computer components or other circuit board with damp or wet cloth.
- Be cautious when using any type of cleaning solvents. Some individuals may have allergic reactions to chemicals in cleaning solvents and some solvents can even damage the case. Try to use water or a highly diluted solvent. Always read the instruction beforehand.
- When cleaning, be careful not to accidentally adjust any knobs or controls.
- When cleaning fans, especially the smaller fans within a portable computer or laptop it’s suggested that you either hold the fan or place something in-between the fan blades to prevent it from spinning.
- Limit smoking around the computer.
- Never eat or drink around the computer. =)
- Always keep your room clean to reduce dust in your room.