Strawberry soda is a delicious sparkling drink filled with the freshness of strawberries. What’s more, this drink is an ideal way to use up end-of-season strawberries that aren’t at their best or strawberries that are a bit too ripe or mushy.
- 1 cup of strawberries (if they’re mushy or too ripe, that’s fine; just avoid any moldy ones) – frozen strawberries can also be used
- 1/2 cup ginger ale or club soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ice cubes
Mash, blend or puree all of the strawberries until they are just a thick puree.
Mash, blend or puree all of the strawberries until they are just a thick puree. Be sure there are no lumps as the aim is to create a smooth drink.
- For tips on preparing fresh strawberries, read How to prepare fresh strawberries for more information.
Pour the strawberry liquid into your tall glass.
Pour the strawberry liquid into your tall glass. Mix to disperse the flavors. While mixing, add as muchginger ale or club soda and sugar as desired. This will make the drink fizzy and sweet; just be sure to taste it as you’re adding so that you don’t overdo the sweetness.
Pour ice cubes in the drink.
Pour ice cubes in the drink. Blend the drink again to pulse the ice cubes through the entire drink.
- Place the blended strawberry drink in refrigerator. Allow it to infuse for at least 3 hours; this will ensure a strong and delicious flavor.
Serve while cold.
Serve while cold. Garnish with strawberry slices and mint leaves if wished (optional). Enjoy your drink!
- Be sure to thoroughly mix the drink. If you see lumps, blend the drink more.
Dont put ice in before putting in fridge.Dont put glass in fridge put in sealed container of some sort first or fizz will be gone after 3 hours.
Things You’ll Need
- Tall glass
- Blender or masher
- Spoon or other mixing equipment