Remember when you were promised all those amazing future tech innovations? Just around the corner was supposed to be a shining technology utopia with flying cars, personal space travel to distant galaxies, and bio-implantable cell phones. It’s almost disappointing enough to make you sit at home and watch old episodes of “Space 1999”.
Don’t lose hope! An amazing glimpse of this promised future has just arrived at ThinkGeek in the form of the Cube Laser Virtual Keyboard. This tiny device laser-projects a keyboard on any flat surface… you can then type away accompanied by simulated key click sounds. It really is true future magic at its best. You’ll be turning heads the moment you pull this baby from your pocket and use it to compose an e-mail on your iPad, iPhone or laptop. With 63 keys and and full size QWERTY layout the Laser Virtual Keyboard can approach typing speeds of a standard keyboard… in a size a little larger than a matchbook.
- Projects a full-size laser keyboard onto any flat surface
- Allows the convenience of full-size typing in a tiny form factor
- Connects wirelessly via bluetooth to iPhone, iPad, many Smartphones and most Laptops
- Mouse mode allows you to use your finger as a mouse rather than typing when using with a laptop.
- Rechargeable battery lasts for 150 minutes of continuous typing
- Charges via USB. No drivers to install
- Compatibility: iPhone 3GS/4, iPad (iOS4), Blackberry tablet, Android 2.0 and higher, Windows Phone 7, Windows XP/Vista/7, Mac OS
- Interface: Bluetooth HID and USB 2.0
- Keyboard Layout: 19mm sized QWERTY layout
- Detection rate: Up to 400 characters per minute
- Operating Surface: Most flat opaque surfaces
- Battery duration: Approximately 150 minutes, 700mAh built-in rechargeable battery